Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back to Work

After what turned out to be a very busy summer at Dreams of Yesteryear, the grand finale came Labor Day weekend. We had the pleasure of hosting two lovely Russian families, several people biking the Green Circle Trails, and parents returning their students to UWSP. A great weekend it was. And now it's back to work for me.

In addition to running my bed and breakfast full time year round, I also am a 36 year employee of the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. The office I've worked in for the past 30 years is called the Mary K. Croft Tutoring-Learning Center. It's a "one of a kind" place on campus. The TLC as we refer to our office is a tutorial service for our university students and has the reputation of being one of the friendliest places on campus. Today we prepared sandwich fixings as part of a welcome back social for our staff of about 150 tutors. It was great to see the new and returning tutors. So, I'm back in the saddle at the TLC but look forward to balancing my work there with my favorite hobby--hosting and greeting guests at my Dreams of Yesteryear Bed and Breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home