Friday, July 13, 2007

Taking Time to Blog

Well, time does have a way of getting away on us. I realized this morning that I it's been a while since I "blogged." Things have been hopping at Dreams of Yesteryear. I wonder why it is that I look forward to summer. Although I'm not working at my regular job at the Tutoring-Learning Center (TLC) at the university, I find myself busier than ever. Work around the B&B definitely fills my days.
This summer I'm happy to have three helpers who are assisting me with the day to day operations of the bed and breakfast. I hired Nick, one of our reading/writing tutors at the TLC, to help out in the home maintenance department. Nick started out as a gardener until I discovered he's excellent with the paint brush. So far he's painted the playhouse and garage doors. And, in the process has tackled several home projects. Katie is my housekeeper. She has been a real blessing. As it turns out this has been a very busy summer for guests and Katie cheerfully cleans those rooms and gets many compliments for the fine job she is doing. Chad comes in for a few hours a week to keep the landscaping in check. He sheers and trims and keeps the water fountain clean. I love it when passersby admire my gardens. Chad knows how to give the place that manicured look. I don't know what I'd do without all my helpers.

Anyway, time for me to get back to work too. This is the weekend where the Iola Old Car Show meets the National Wellness Conference--a great boost for the economy of Stevens Point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home