Thursday, June 26, 2008

About Time I Blogged

Well, I certainly have taken a vacation from blogging. Sorry about that. Finally made it through another academic year at UWSP where I work as an office manager in the Mary K. Croft Tutoring-Learning Center. It was a great year. The students are wonderful--must be, I've worked 32 years in this department. Hmmmm--I'm dating myself. Anyway, it's summer and time to focus on gardens, grandchildren and all those summer bed and breakfast guests. I really had wondered if gas prices would take its toll on the B&B business. So far I haven't noticed a great decline in guests. I guess we all need to get away once in awhile. I'm glad people are feeling Dreams of Yesteryear is a worthy getaway and want to come visit.

Last weekend we were full of folks attending the Midwest Renewable Energy Fair in Custer. Three of my guests were main speakers at the fair. One of the speakers we were honored to host was Venezuela Ambassador Carol Moselay Braun. What a wonderful lady. We shared old house stories. Carol too has an old house. I wish this were the term she was running for US President. Anyway, be assured, there were great conversations around the breakfast table regarding alternative sustainable energy resources. I heard that 20,000 people attended the fair and that the MREA fair is the largest in the world. I'm amazed the kinds of things that bring people to this part of Wisconsin.

I'm looking forward to some busy weekends in July with the Iola Old Car Show and the National Wellness Conference coming up. At Dreams of Yesteryear we mark our anniversaries by the Iola Car Show. We hosted our first bed and breakfast guests the weekend of the Iola Old Car Show in 1990. So here it is eighteen years later and we're still loving this business. We still have lots of openings left for July and August. Hope you'll plan a summer getaway with us. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home